Rent Arrears

If you are struggling to pay your rent please contact your Housing Officer immediately to discuss your situation and receive the necessary advice and support to help you get back on track.  You may be entitled to housing benefit or Universal Credit for assistance with your housing costs.

If you ignore the problem the arrears will increase making it harder for you to manage the situation.  It may lead to Trust Housing Association (Wishaw and District Housing) taking legal action to repossess your tenancy which will ultimately lead to you losing your home through eviction.

It is therefore very important that you respond to letters, visits, texts or emails you receive from Wishaw and District Housing regarding arrears in your rent account.

For further information on debt visit our Money Advice page.